Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways. For example, you may provide information directly to us, we may receive the information from others who we have engaged to act on our behalf, or we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of the Services. Some of the information you provide to us or that we collect is “personal information.”
Information You Provide To Us
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive information directly from you. For example, you provide information to us when you register for the Services, communicate with us, or when you use our Website.
Some of the information you provide to us may, for example, include the following:
- Name, school, grade level, and contact details. This includes information such as your street address, email address and telephone number.
- Computer code, videos, or other materials that demonstrate completion of assigned projects (collectively, “Student Work”).
Information We Receive From Others
In addition, we rely on a third-party software company to host the portal that you log into to access, use and submit content in connection with using our Services. The third-party may collect information about you and your use of the Services, some of which may be made available to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect certain information about you. Automatically collected information may, for example, include the following:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- Information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies. This includes information about the content you view and the features you access through our Services. For more information see “Online Tracking and Advertising” below.
- Information regarding when you access and how you use our Services. This includes information such as how you use and progress through the modules and other offerings in the inventXYZ Summer Program, your quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and the duration of your engagement with certain aspects of the Services.
This information may be combined and linked with information from other sources.
How We Use Information
- To deliver our Services and its contents to you and to operate our Services.
- To deliver the information, product, or services you have requested from us.
- To reach out to you about and market or promote new information, products, or services that we believe you may be interested in.
- To help us improve our Services and deliver a better and more personalized experience. This includes by enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you visit our Website.
- With respect to information collected in connection with Student Work, to provide an interactive experience and facilitate participation and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- With respect to information collected about your browser type and operating systems, to improve and document methods for debugging.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- To support research including, for example, in the area of education.
- For our legitimate interests and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted or required by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
- With our affiliates.
- With your parents, legal guardians or others who are paying for the services on your behalf.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These third parties may include companies that host our Website or online educational community, provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, payment processing, content delivery, video communication and other services. These third parties may use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- With the public and others participating in the Services. For example, when you submit a question that is then posted on our Website or otherwise shared with the inventXYZ Summer Program community.
- When you request any of our products. We will share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request.
- When required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- With your consent and only as described to you in seeking such consent.
Anonymous or Aggregate Data
We may use and share data which has been de-identified and/or aggregated for product development, research, analytics and other purposes, including for the purpose of analyzing, improving, marketing, or selling our Services or other inventXYZ products or services. For example, we may share with your school district that a certain number of students from that district participated in the inventXYZ Summer Program.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
- Enable us to provide our Services and its content to you.
- Provide us with information about which portions of our Website are the most popular by enabling us to see what web pages a user visits and how much time a user spends on each page.
- Personalize your experience on our Website (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to our site, to save your password in password-protected areas, or to tailor content, or product and service offerings).
- Help us or ad networks understand what ads you have seen to otherwise target advertising to you.
We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information, including your personal information, by such third party partners and service providers.
You can generally manage your cookie preferences through your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. For more information regarding how to manage your preferences, please consult the information made available by your particular browser or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
With respect to Google Analytics, you can also view Google’s currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, you may miss out on certain features of our Website. In addition, many opt-outs may be device and/or browser specific, meaning that you will need to opt-out across all devices and browsers you use.
Social Media and Other Platforms
You may be able to access social media networks like Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram (“Social Media Platforms”) directly or indirectly through our Website. You may also have the option of posting your activities on Social Media Platforms, tagging our brands, or posting content to pages we maintain on Social Media Platforms. In such situations, we may collect information from or about you via Social Media Platforms. In addition, we may sometimes require you to tag our brands or “hashtag” our brands in order to participate in contests and sweepstakes. If you choose to make any of your activities or other content available through a Social Media Platform, including on our pages, or you engage in other activities in connection with a Social Media Platform, your friends and followers on those Social Media Platforms that you have enabled, and potentially the general public, will be able to view those contributions and activities. Please remember that the manner in which Social Media Platforms use, store, and disclose your information is governed by the policies of such third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Media Platforms that may be enabled via our Website.
Third Party Websites and Services
Our Services may include links to third party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
“Do Not Track” Signals
inventXYZ does not recognize the “do not track” signals that some browsers may employ as no uniform standard for responding to such signals has been developed at this time.
Our Services are not intended for users under the age of 13, and inventXYZ does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 is permitted to register for our Services, use our Website, or provide inventXYZ with personal information.
If inventXYZ learns that it has collected information about a child under the age of 13, then it will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has registered for our Services or used our Website, please promptly alert inventXYZ at [email protected] and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
How to Contact Us